Search found 91 matches

by joltguy
Sun May 17, 2020 10:37 am
Forum: Wanted to Buy
Topic: MIB2 or MIB3
Replies: 5
Views: 6185

MIB2 or MIB3

I’d like to get a MIB2 or MIB3 card if anyone has one available and can ship to Canada. I’m mainly interested in the serial ports and having it act as an addressor card for memory expansion above 64K.
by joltguy
Sun May 17, 2020 9:49 am
Forum: SmartBASIC
Topic: HCOLOR pokes
Replies: 2
Views: 2550

HCOLOR pokes

Hi all I've been having fun going through Guy Cousineau's "Exploring SmartBASIC" document and in the High Resolution Graphics section it says: In HGR it is highly recommended to disable the check and translation; see HPLOT for applications. The value check is disabled with a POKE of 255 at 11127 (2B...
by joltguy
Fri May 15, 2020 12:20 pm
Forum: EOS
Topic: EOS or CP/M
Replies: 7
Views: 5784

Re: EOS or CP/M

Milli wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:37 am
EOS is just built in routines, there is no real OS. It’s full name is Elementary Operating System
Ahh okay, I thought that might be the case but wanted to be sure. Thanks. :)
by joltguy
Fri May 15, 2020 11:22 am
Forum: EOS
Topic: EOS or CP/M
Views: 5784

Re: EOS or CP/M

I don't have enough experience programming for either OS yet (working on it though!) so unfortunately I can't offer a recommendation but I do have a related question: With CP/M and TDOS when you boot you are greeted with a command prompt. What does it mean to boot into EOS or is that something you c...
by joltguy
Fri May 01, 2020 2:04 pm
Forum: Smart Writer Printer
Topic: Reset silencer?
Views: 8024

Re: Reset silencer?

Done!

I disconnected the Reset wire instead of the AdamNet wire so I can actually still use the printer. Works perfectly! No more noisy linefeed when I pull the reset computer switch. 8-)
by joltguy
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:21 am
Forum: Easter Eggs
Topic: More eggs
Replies: 10
Views: 8260

Re: More eggs

Oooh nice, that's great! So there really is the potential for this to work. At 300 baud I figure it'd take just over 14 minutes to download 32k so it wouldn't be fast but I still think its a cool concept.
by joltguy
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:13 am

Thanks for the tip!
by joltguy
Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:47 am
Forum: Easter Eggs
Topic: More eggs
Replies: 10
Views: 8260

Re: More eggs

That's an interesting idea... although I do wonder how this concept was originally supposed to work without that type of modification. :|

So... when the reset switch is pulled the ADAM doesn't actually power cycle? It just clears memory and sends a "reset" message to the ADAMnet?
by joltguy
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:02 am

Take a power adapter and remove the Adamnet pin, easy to do all you need to know is which pin. Ok, that makes sense. I think you've put me on the right track. What I'm going to do is just put together a simple DB9 passthrough connector that will sit between the printer/power cable and my Adam. In t...
by joltguy
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:09 pm

Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely consider that as an option if I come up empty on the dongle concept... I'd just prefer to avoid modifying the printer if possible.