Search found 91 matches

by joltguy
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:26 am
Forum: Smart Writer Printer
Topic: Reset silencer?
Replies: 7
Views: 8024

Reset silencer?

Can anyone point me towards some instructions on how to build a printer reset silencer? It basically just looks like a small dongle that prevents the annoying printer reset + linefeed every time you pull the ADAM's reset switch. They are available for purchase from ANN for just $20 and I did inquire...
by joltguy
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:54 am
Forum: Easter Eggs
Topic: More eggs
Replies: 10
Views: 8260

Re: More eggs

I would love to try it out and see if it works. I have an ADAMLink modem and the cable for it. I was thinking that I could use it to connect to a mock "BBS" that I would set up which only sends the 0xAA 0x55 and other required bytes upon connection (including cartridge ROM bytes). The problem is tha...
by joltguy
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:06 am
Forum: Easter Eggs
Topic: More eggs
Replies: 10
Views: 8260

Re: More eggs

:o Wow check this one out! The SmartWriter word processor contains a remarkable subroutine called right after the power-up routines which bank-switch in this ROM and jump to the first byte of initialization code. Coleco made a 300-baud internal modem for the ADAM (ADAMlink); every time you turn on t...
by joltguy
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:24 am
Forum: CP/M & TDOS
Topic: ADAMED 40 column text editor
Replies: 15
Views: 12921

Re: ADAMED 40 column text editor

Yup, this happens sometimes and is related to timing issues with VDP port communication. It's very random and solved by resetting the computer. I have not found a solution to that because it seems to be a hardware issue.... Ahh okay, that is interesting that you say it is random! This morning I tri...
by joltguy
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:45 pm

I just ran the "final" test from the Coleco Test Programs and the system passed through the ROM, RAM, Video, Sound, and got to the Controller stage. Tested my controllers too but couldn't figure out how to get past that test. So based on this test it seems like the system is fine but I'm not sure if...
by joltguy
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:40 am

:? Yikes, I hope not! Do you know of any utility software I could use to test it?
by joltguy
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:09 am

Hello!

Any idea what would be the cause of screen corruption like this when launching adamed? I did use the config tool to change my colors to cyan on black but even before I updated the config I still had this issue.

Gibberish
Gibberish
AC3444E3-9196-463A-B69C-DE4AE36A7E31.jpeg (152.81 KiB) Viewed 7091 times
by joltguy
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:01 am
Forum: Wanted to Buy
Topic: Keyboard?
Replies: 1
Views: 3192

Keyboard?

I may be in the market for a new keyboard.

Mine has been failing and acting strangely so I'm in the process of trying to hopefully repair it. Just in case I'm unable to I'd like to see if there are any good-condition keyboards out there and what the price would be.
by joltguy
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am
Forum: SmartBASIC
Topic: Smart Basic Break Out
Replies: 14
Views: 12999

Re: Smart Basic Break Out

Thanks for sharing! My ADAM is out of commission at the moment due to a keyboard problem but I will definitely give this a try when I'm back in working order. Looking forward to the video too!
by joltguy
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:41 pm
Forum: Adam Archive
Topic: [a1] filenames?
Replies: 2
Views: 3764

Re: [a1] filenames?

Ahh, okay. So would first alternate versions typically contain any fixes or enhancements?