Search found 155 matches

by Wmaalouli
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:51 am
Forum: CP/M & TDOS
Topic: Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M
Replies: 18
Views: 13996

Re: Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M

Is the period after the end in your real code? It should be a semicolon and from looking at code I don't think you need the "program Test;" line. All Pascal program must end with a end. statement. And yes, in Turbo Pascal, the program heading is optional but it's a good habit to have anyway :) I am...
by Wmaalouli
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:43 pm
Forum: System News
Topic: Welcome All
Replies: 4
Views: 6623

Re: Welcome All

By the way, if this board takes off, then you are going to be swamped trying to screen every post. Perhaps you should allow immediate posting initially, and if you start seeing offensive or disparaging activity, then you can always revert to screening everything. From what I have seen of the Adam co...
by Wmaalouli
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:36 pm
Forum: System News
Topic: Welcome All
Replies: 4
Views: 6623

Re: Welcome All

Looks great! I use a similar board for the IBM PCJr, so I'm pretty familiar with this setup. This will work perfectly for Adam users and will be far better suited to that purpose than Facebook or the AtariAge Colecovision forum.
by Wmaalouli
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:32 pm
Topic: ADAMED 40 column text editor
Replies: 15
Views: 12900

ADAMED 40 column text editor

ADAMED is a replacement for the miserable ED editor that comes standard with CP/M. It's a full-screen 40-column editor written entirely in 8080 assembly language, with the most common text editing features needed for programming in either assembly language or higher level languages such as Pascal. h...
by Wmaalouli
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:18 pm
Topic: Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M
Replies: 18
Views: 13996

Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M

Hi. I just tried for the first time Turbo Pascal 3 under CP/M, but it refuses to compile anything, throwing the error "BEGIN EXPECTED" every time even with the simplest of test programs like the one below: program Test; begin writeln('Hello World!'); end. I tried entering that program using ADAMED a...