Search found 17 matches

by MrPix
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:03 pm
Forum: MicroSD / Disk Drive Emulators
Topic: IMOS
Replies: 5
Views: 6355

Re: IMOS

Looking forward to sending you a prototype multicard. SD over IDE is going to rock your world.
by MrPix
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:14 am
Forum: Power Supplies (SmartWRITER replacement)
Topic: PSU replacement, printer internal...
Views: 6208

Re: PSU replacement, printer internal...

Mine failed, mostly through age and dry caps. Given the design, a whole new power supply would cost less than the caps. The power supply also is only 45% efficient, and modern designs are 89-92% efficient. Half the power draw at the wall.
by MrPix
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:24 am

Re: PSU replacement, printer internal...

Replacing the power supply in the printer. I do see a lot of people using standard cage supplies inside their expansion bays. I think the only thing wrong with the Adam printer is the loudness, and apart from that it's pretty decent. Just needs a more efficient and better regulated power supply.
by MrPix
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:05 pm
Forum: Serial & Parallel Cards
Topic: MIB2 low-level access
Replies: 13
Views: 10898

Re: MIB2 low-level access

Here is code I use - should be self explanatory DataPort .equ 044h ; Data port (in/out) StatPort .equ 045h ; Status port (in) BaudRatePort .equ 046h ; Baud rate port (out) ControlPort .equ 047h ; Control port (out) InMask .equ 2 ; 8251 RxRDY OutMask .equ 1 ; 8251 TxRDY ChipSet .equ 037h ; 8251 RTS,...
by MrPix
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:31 pm
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: HDMI for the Adam
Replies: 7
Views: 7054

Re: HDMI for the Adam

For reference, the datasheet with programmer's model is here:
http://www.bitsavers.org/components/ti/ ... _Nov82.pdf
by MrPix
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:25 am

PSU replacement, printer internal...

I’m looking at this project. The old design is quite tired now, and not very efficient. There are options already that provide what is needed. I’ll measure the space and get the specs from the technical manual and see what makes sense economically.
by MrPix
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:20 am
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: HDMI for the Adam
Replies: 7
Views: 7054

Re: HDMI for the Adam

If someone is offering to do the 9928 emulation on the Pi if hardware is provided, I can provide the hardware. The easiest method, in terms of communication between the Z80 and the replacement 9928 is to replace its register set by an emulated set. Then use software and a small state machine to recr...