Search found 27 matches

by JimN-NIAD
Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:40 pm
Forum: Adam Archive
Topic: Archivist
Replies: 2
Views: 1060

Re: Archivist

If there have been no other takers... I'm interested. I sent you an email to the info@adamarchive.org on Monday, please respond to my gmail.com email addy. Thanx.
by JimN-NIAD
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:33 am
Forum: SmartBASIC
Topic: Patching SmartBasic
Replies: 4
Views: 1871

Re: Patching SmartBasic

There are numerous version of SmartBasic v1.0 available in the Archive at the following link: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Adam/EOS/Programming/ There is one with a Parallel Printer Driver by Wayne Motel included, but I don't recall if all the SB bugs were patched as well. Seeing as SuperBasic Plu...
by JimN-NIAD
Mon May 31, 2021 8:59 pm
Forum: MicroSD / Disk Drive Emulators
Topic: ADE question
Replies: 7
Views: 2578

Re: ADE question

You CAN copy to a DDP Image File on an ADE, you just have to set the File Manager settings accordingly. Another option to copy a 256K DDP would be to copy it to a 320K disk image file or break up the 256K DDP onto 2 - 160K disk image files. Numerous options abound, so let us know how things go.
by JimN-NIAD
Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 pm
Forum: MicroSD / Disk Drive Emulators
Topic: Multiple ADE in one system
Views: 2312

Re: Multiple ADE in one system

I do not recall ever connecting two ADEs to a system at the same time and really there is no need to do so seeing as the ADE can emulate up to four disk drives at once, for software that supports it, 2 disk drives is the normal. I would assume that it would work, but you would have to enable and dis...
by JimN-NIAD
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 pm
Forum: Commercial
Topic: SmartPICTURE?
Replies: 2
Views: 2354

Re: SmartPICTURE?

Just another vaporware title... well, unless/until a copy magically appears like Mathemagician's Quest (Math Quest).
by JimN-NIAD
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:09 pm
Topic: Pokes
Replies: 5
Views: 4093

Re: Pokes

Great reference, although I have a deep dislike for Basics that rely on them to access most of the computer's functions, such as... Like the ADAM Computer, SmartBasic 1.0 was rushed and a lot of bugs, omissions and oversights were the result... especially the manual. SmartBasic 2.0 made great strid...
by JimN-NIAD
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:03 pm
Topic: Pokes
Replies: 5
Views: 4093

Re: Pokes

Here is the POKEs, PEEKs and CALLs list for SmartBASIC 1.0 that I always used. I do not recall if it is complete, but should be very close.
by JimN-NIAD
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm
Topic: Sprites vs Shapes
Views: 4973

Re: Sprites vs Shapes

You need to get the PDF versions of "The Hackers Guide to ADAM Vol. I & II" with volume II being more SmartBASIC specific. Also, download the disk image of SpritePower by Digital Express. This is a well down sprite creation program using a SmartKEY interface and there is a SmartBASIC 1.0 sprite load...
by JimN-NIAD
Mon May 18, 2020 3:56 pm
Forum: EOS
Topic: EOS or CP/M
Views: 5774

Re: EOS or CP/M

I don't have enough experience programming for either OS yet (working on it though!) so unfortunately I can't offer a recommendation but I do have a related question: With CP/M and TDOS when you boot you are greeted with a command prompt. What does it mean to boot into EOS or is that something you ...
by JimN-NIAD
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:49 am
Forum: Easter Eggs
Topic: Super Donkey Kong Jr.
Replies: 1
Views: 2706

Re: Super Donkey Kong Jr.

This all depends of what disk or DDP image file that you are using as this Easter Egg input was shortened and then eventually eliminated altogether as a requirement for the 5th screen to work. I never saw any mention of who or whom originally found this Easter Egg as well as who or whom hacked it to...