Search found 155 matches

by Wmaalouli
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:26 am
Forum: CP/M & TDOS
Topic: Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M
Replies: 18
Views: 14021

Re: Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M

I tried the Version 1 disk you posted on the archive and it's a similar issue. Very odd...
by Wmaalouli
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:33 pm
Forum: Serial & Parallel Cards
Topic: MIB2 low-level access
Replies: 13
Views: 10914

Re: MIB2 low-level access

This is one aspect of the ADAM which I find annoying: No standard serial or parallel port. How about using the Adamnet network? Any documents on how to access and decode the signals?
by Wmaalouli
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:30 am
Topic: CP/M Manual
Replies: 1
Views: 2885

Re: CP/M Manual

Yes, there is a lot more in there that is Adam-specific than just the standard CP/M fare. Essential reading for anyone interested in programming under the CP/M environment.
by Wmaalouli
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:28 am
Forum: SmartBASIC
Topic: Smart Basic Break Out
Replies: 14
Views: 12998

Re: Smart Basic Break Out

Nice! Any disk image available?
by Wmaalouli
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:05 pm

Re: MIB2 low-level access

Ah thank you! I'll have to look at this closely.
Is this your own code and is it taken from some other source?
by Wmaalouli
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:46 am
Topic: Assembly with Turbo Pascal 3
Replies: 7
Views: 6287

Re: Assembly with Turbo Pascal 3

So I managed to get a simple Hello World test program working with the INLINE function: program test; var Hello : String[255]; begin Hello := 'Hello World!$'; inline ($0E/9/ {mvi c,9} $11/Hello/ {lxi d,Hello} $CD/5/0/ {call 5} $C3/0/0); {jmp 0} end. This test verifies that TP3 does indeed support 80...
by Wmaalouli
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:35 pm
Forum: Collections
Topic: N.I.A.D.'s ADAM Computer Collection
Replies: 12
Views: 11768

Re: N.I.A.D.'s ADAM Computer Collection

As time goes on, the number of people with the knowledge or interest to run these legacy systems will be declining, and I wonder what the market will be for them say a decade from now. My guess is that prices will drop sharply because the demand will simply not be there while the supply will increas...
by Wmaalouli
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:17 pm

Correct, but it's likely slower than direct access, which is why I rolled my own with ADAMED. That said, they may he perfectly serviceable depending on the application.
by Wmaalouli
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:04 pm

If I am going to use the INLINE feature, I suppose I could just copy the HEX object code generated by ASM and add the / separator between each byte as required by TP3. A pain to say the least, but doable, at least for short routines. I'll run some tests over the next few days and see how it goes. Th...
by Wmaalouli
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:52 pm

MIB2 low-level access

So a few months ago I bought an MIB2 serial card, primarily as a way to potentially interface th Adam to the real world. However, it turns out that the documentation that comes with it does not discuss low-level access from assembly so that the parallel or serial ports could be interfaced to things ...