by Wmaalouli
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:21 am
Forum: CP/M & TDOS
Topic: Help with file transfer
Replies: 7
Views: 2528

Re: Help with file transfer

I actually figured it out!
Adam Image Manager does not transfer CP/M files properly for some reason, so the workaround is to transfer the files to an EOS blank disk then use the ADAM CP/M transfer program to get the files to a proper CP/M disk.
A pain in the butt but at least I got it working.
by Wmaalouli
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:09 pm
Forum: SmartBASIC
Topic: Patching SmartBasic
Replies: 4
Views: 1871

Patching SmartBasic

It looks like the Micro Innovations parallel printer patch for SmartBasic only works with version 1.0. Unfortunately that version is buggy.
Is there a non-buggy version of SmartBasic out there that is patched for a parallel printer by any chance?
by Wmaalouli
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:08 pm
Topic: Help with file transfer
Views: 2528

Help with file transfer

Hi. I'm trying to transfer a new CP/M editor COM file to the Adam using Image Manager, but it's not working. While the file appears to transfer fine and appears in a directory listing, it does not seem to exist when it comes to running it or doing a STAT on it. Could someone here give it a shot an l...
by Wmaalouli
Mon May 24, 2021 3:17 pm
Topic: Turbo Pascal 3 bitmap graphics extensions
Replies: 16
Views: 12030

Re: Turbo Pascal 3 bitmap graphics extensions

Here's a brief demo of using the bitmap mode. It's a program that procedurally generates a "fedora" via a mathematical function.
Hat.jpg
Hat.jpg (131.44 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
by Wmaalouli
Thu May 13, 2021 1:07 pm
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: What Do You Use Your Adam For?
Replies: 6
Views: 2784

Re: What Do You Use Your Adam For?

The cart contains a microcontroller doing all the heavy lifting and high speed streaming of the video data with the TI just dumping it onto the video processor for display and managing player input. Could not have been possible otherwise. Still impressive nonetheless.
by Wmaalouli
Thu May 13, 2021 1:03 pm
Forum: MicroSD / Disk Drive Emulators
Topic: Multiple ADE in one system
Views: 2313

Re: Multiple ADE in one system

It's what I relied on for the development of Ace of Aces! It allowed me to fit all the source and support files as well as the compiler and the compiled code all on one disk which was far more efficient. Only issue is that file size reporting is wrong, but it was not a deal breaker.
by Wmaalouli
Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 am
Forum: MicroSD / Disk Drive Emulators
Topic: Multiple ADE in one system
Views: 2313

Re: Multiple ADE in one system

I have the older VDD's, 2 of them. It's a necessity really for CP/M. Works just fine.
by Wmaalouli
Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am

Interactive fiction with still images is totally doable, but animation is very slow unless everything is loaded into memory first or we have a fast storage device like a cart to store the data. Look at what was done on the TI 99/4A with Dragon's Lair as an example here: https://youtu.be/dYcl0ozAjiE
by Wmaalouli
Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 pm

Never had an Adam until 3 years ago or so. I kind of developed a soft spot for it though, and have been programming on it in both assembly and Turbo Pascal under CP/M.
by Wmaalouli
Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 pm
Topic: Ace of Aces
Views: 2358

Re: Ace of Aces

Thanks Milli. I wanted something other than an arcade or puzzle game 🙂