Search found 155 matches

by Wmaalouli
Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:48 am
Forum: CP/M & TDOS
Topic: Character Definition Utility Program
Replies: 7
Views: 3361

Re: Character Definition Utility Program

I just gave it a try for the first time on my ADAM and noticed the enhancements you made (vs what I saw in the video). Great updates! The update to I/O is especially useful (being able to specify a drive prefix) and I am hoping you will add a similar enhancement to AdamEd . Currently AdamEd always ...
by Wmaalouli
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:33 pm
Topic: Tips on developing programs in Turbo Pascal 3 on the Adam
Replies: 3
Views: 2070

Re: Tips on developing programs in Turbo Pascal 3 on the Adam

No I have not, but I suspect a TP3 compiled program, without the graphic extensions, will still be somewhat slower than pure assembly, but much faster than Basic.
by Wmaalouli
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:47 pm
Topic: Character Definition Utility Program
Views: 3361

Character Definition Utility Program

Hi. I have developed a utility to help programmers create graphic characters on the Coleco Adam under CP/M. It was entirely programmed on the Adam itself using Turbo Pascal 3 with the bitmap graphic extensions and the Adamed 40 column text editor. https://youtu.be/PeTVPwA8m7g UPDATE 11/8/20 I have a...
by Wmaalouli
Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:48 pm
Topic: Tips on developing programs in Turbo Pascal 3 on the Adam
Replies: 3
Views: 2070

Tips on developing programs in Turbo Pascal 3 on the Adam

So I just finished a utility program to help with character definition on the Adam under CP/M using Turbo Pascal 3 with the bitmap graphic extensions, and I thought I'd share some tips on that process. I'll be making a separate post about that program in the next couple of days. - The integrated edi...
by Wmaalouli
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: Blank disk image
Replies: 6
Views: 3214

Re: Blank disk image

Much obliged.
by Wmaalouli
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:23 am
Topic: 8MGb CP/M
Views: 3199

Re: 8MGb CP/M

I thought it might be...
by Wmaalouli
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:48 pm
Topic: 8MGb CP/M
Views: 3199

8MGb CP/M

So I tested the 8MGb CP/M and it works great, but I noticed a couple of things: - The file copying process seems slower than standard CP/M - When copying files using the * wildcard, the first file's name appears twice on the screen. It's a very minor issue with no real consequence, but I thought I'd...
by Wmaalouli
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:44 pm

I'm unable to erase the files. I get a BDOS error...
I would greatly appreciate an empty disk image if you have one.
by Wmaalouli
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:52 am

Hi. I'm in need of a blank standard disk image, unformatted. I'm having problems with the images created with Adam Image Manager. Would someone be kind enough to post an image here? Thanks! How about these: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Adam/Blank%20Media/ Actually these images do not play nice wi...
by Wmaalouli
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:59 am

Blank disk image

Hi.
I'm in need of a blank standard disk image, unformatted. I'm having problems with the images created with Adam Image Manager.
Would someone be kind enough to post an image here?
Thanks!