Search found 155 matches

by Wmaalouli
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:52 pm
Forum: Z80 Tips & Tricks
Topic: VDP memory organization
Replies: 7
Views: 7392

Re: VDP memory organization

I thought this might be useful for anyone trying to understand how the VDP is organized and how to use it. It's an excerpt for the TI 99/4A computer Editor/Assembler manual, and it goes into great detail not otherwise easily available for the Adam.
by Wmaalouli
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 pm
Forum: CP/M & TDOS
Topic: Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M
Replies: 18
Views: 14021

Re: Turbo Pascal issue under CP/M

Nice graphics! Never too late to finish it :) I've had a Scifi wargame in the works for the last 10 years on the TI 99/4A computer that I have yet to finish :D . Too many distractions...
Ultimate Planet.gif
Ultimate Planet.gif (5.09 KiB) Viewed 6990 times
by Wmaalouli
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:10 pm
Forum: System News
Topic: File upload format
Replies: 4
Views: 6897

Re: File upload format

Excellent!
by Wmaalouli
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:41 am
Forum: System News
Topic: File upload format
Replies: 4
Views: 6897

Re: File upload format

Any updates on this?
Also, what is the maximum file attachment size? I tried attaching an 8.6MB zipped PDF and the board would not take it.
by Wmaalouli
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 am

But it sounds like the editor worked well for you. I would love to get a copy of your version at some point...
What game did you write for the PC?
by Wmaalouli
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:56 am
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: Adam Image Manager
Replies: 9
Views: 9150

Re: Adam Image Manager

Copying from pc to Adam.
by Wmaalouli
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:40 pm
Topic: Slide Show program
Replies: 12
Views: 8301

Slide Show program

This project is a result of my experimentation with accessing the VDP and embedded assembly language using Turbo Pascal 3 under CP/M 2.2. It's a slide show program which takes a series of bitmap images and displays them in a continuous loop on the screen. It was programmed entirely on the Adam compu...
by Wmaalouli
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:19 pm
Forum: Miscellaneous
Topic: Adam Image Manager
Replies: 9
Views: 9150

Re: Adam Image Manager

It seems that the AIM insists on converting pure binary files into .com files regardless of the original file's extension. It also seems to be adding a 128 byte "header" to the converted files.
Is this an expected behavior?
by Wmaalouli
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:41 am
Forum: Z80 Tips & Tricks
Topic: VDP memory organization
Replies: 7
Views: 7392

VDP memory organization

This is a repost of Milli's excellent breakdown of the VDP memory organization table for those interested in accessing graphics via assembly language (form the AtariAge forum). I thought it would be easier to find and more relevant here. I just clarified the titles of each section based on the TI no...
by Wmaalouli
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:29 am

I don't have a floppy drive on mine, so I can't recreate. I don't remember having an issue with the DDP that Milli made me. Maybe if you had a DDP version of TP3, copy the (working) files onto the disk? I don't know...just thinking out loud. Did you fully use the TP3 editor for programming by any c...