Virtual Adam

Discussions about the Coleco Adam archive at http://adamarchive.org
NJAdamuser

Virtual Adam

Post by NJAdamuser » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:58 pm

I mentioned this over at the AtariAge forums as I was waiting for my membership to be approved here. Because VA may actually look for a particular version of the .Net framework and that version is quite old at this point, I suggest either uploading a copy of the .Net version that works with VA over on the Adam Archive so that it can be accessed should MS remove it from their site. I can locate it on my laptop if you want and upload it where ever you prefer. I know I ran into issues when I tried various newer versions of the .Net framework and the installer that VA used would not accept that I had .Net on my laptop, I had to scroll down pretty far before finding the correct version that worked with VA. Alternatively, I believe that AA has VA in a .zip file and the .Net could be added to the .zip.

Outside of that initial problem of getting VA installed, it works quite well, IMHO.

Thanks,
Paul

Milli
Site Admin

Re: Virtual Adam

Post by Milli » Wed May 12, 2021 7:56 pm

NJAdamuser wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:58 pm
I mentioned this over at the AtariAge forums as I was waiting for my membership to be approved here. Because VA may actually look for a particular version of the .Net framework and that version is quite old at this point, I suggest either uploading a copy of the .Net version that works with VA over on the Adam Archive so that it can be accessed should MS remove it from their site. I can locate it on my laptop if you want and upload it where ever you prefer. I know I ran into issues when I tried various newer versions of the .Net framework and the installer that VA used would not accept that I had .Net on my laptop, I had to scroll down pretty far before finding the correct version that worked with VA. Alternatively, I believe that AA has VA in a .zip file and the .Net could be added to the .zip.

Outside of that initial problem of getting VA installed, it works quite well, IMHO.

Thanks,
Paul
Sure upload it I'll put it in the archive
Milli

NJAdamuser

Re: Virtual Adam

Post by NJAdamuser » Thu May 13, 2021 6:53 pm

Great, will do.