SmartWriter File Viewer

Post your SmartBASIC questions here
joltguy

SmartWriter File Viewer

Post by joltguy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi all

Attached to this post is the first version of my SmartWriter File Viewer written in SmartBASIC. I created this little program because I often find that disk images containing BASIC programs and utilities include some documentation in SmartWriter format. Rather than resetting my ADAM to use the word processor now I can easily view the documentation right inside SmartBASIC.

I'll admit the code is not a work of art however this is the first time I have disassembled one of the built-in BASIC routines (BLOAD) and figured out how to modify it to suit my needs. Not to worry - the program restores the original BLOAD behaviour before ending. Enjoy!
Attachments
SWviewer.dsk.zip
BASIC SmartWriter File Viewer
(79.09 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

Milli
Site Admin

Re: SmartWriter File Viewer

Post by Milli » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:48 pm

joltguy wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:17 pm
Hi all

Attached to this post is the first version of my SmartWriter File Viewer written in SmartBASIC. I created this little program because I often find that disk images containing BASIC programs and utilities include some documentation in SmartWriter format. Rather than resetting my ADAM to use the word processor now I can easily view the documentation right inside SmartBASIC.

I'll admit the code is not a work of art however this is the first time I have disassembled one of the built-in BASIC routines (BLOAD) and figured out how to modify it to suit my needs. Not to worry - the program restores the original BLOAD behaviour before ending. Enjoy!
Nice! Upload it to the archive
Milli

joltguy

Post by joltguy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:00 am

Milli wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:48 pm
Nice! Upload it to the archive
Thanks, definitely planning to do that! I just wanna have a few people here try it out first before committing it to the archive.

joltguy

Post by joltguy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 am

Just uploaded it to the archive. 8-)