clindholm

Multiple ADE in one system

Post by clindholm » Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 am

Has anyone done this?

Arduinos are SOOO....cheap....

Wmaalouli

Re: Multiple ADE in one system

Post by Wmaalouli » Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 am

I have the older VDD's, 2 of them. It's a necessity really for CP/M. Works just fine.

Cartermw

Post by Cartermw » Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am

You might want to get your Arduinos sooner than later. I just tried ordering ATMega328 SMDs (the same chips as on many of the Arduinos) for a project; all of the normal distributors are saying back order with no estimation of delivery. I ended up getting mine off of eBay and even there the prices are going up. I don't know what is causing the chip shortage but it is costing me money. 😬

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm

Wmaalouli wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 am
I have the older VDD's, 2 of them. It's a necessity really for CP/M. Works just fine.
Have you tried the 8mb CP/M image on the VDD?
Milli

Wmaalouli

Post by Wmaalouli » Thu May 13, 2021 1:03 pm

It's what I relied on for the development of Ace of Aces! It allowed me to fit all the source and support files as well as the compiler and the compiled code all on one disk which was far more efficient. Only issue is that file size reporting is wrong, but it was not a deal breaker.

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Thu May 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Wmaalouli wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:03 pm
It's what I relied on for the development of Ace of Aces! It allowed me to fit all the source and support files as well as the compiler and the compiled code all on one disk which was far more efficient. Only issue is that file size reporting is wrong, but it was not a deal breaker.
Yeah I think I messed up a parameter block somehow.
Milli

JimN-NIAD

Post by JimN-NIAD » Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 pm

I do not recall ever connecting two ADEs to a system at the same time and really there is no need to do so seeing as the ADE can emulate up to four disk drives at once, for software that supports it, 2 disk drives is the normal. I would assume that it would work, but you would have to enable and disable drive #s on each ADE accordingly and then proceed to test things out. Also, seeing as the ADE units do not have an ADAMnet OUT Port in order to daisy chain drives, you would need a 2-in-1 splitter connected to one of the ADAMnet ports on the Memory Console --- OR --- an Internal ADE Pro and an External ADE Pro, Pro Plus or LITE.

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Cartermw wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am
You might want to get your Arduinos sooner than later. I just tried ordering ATMega328 SMDs (the same chips as on many of the Arduinos) for a project; all of the normal distributors are saying back order with no estimation of delivery. I ended up getting mine off of eBay and even there the prices are going up. I don't know what is causing the chip shortage but it is costing me money. 😬
I order from Amazon
Milli