Interesting article on Image Viewer programs for CP/M

Post your CP/M & TDOS questions here

Sixthview

Re: Interesting article on Image Viewer programs for CP/M

Post by Sixthview » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm

I saw the video they did about this on Youtube. Fairly interesting.
I am not savy enough to know if the ADAM could do something other than the BMP... Which, don't get me wrong, I love the BMP but the size starts to significantly limit what can fit on one normal image, especially if you already have the program on that disk to view the images.

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:19 pm

Probably be better to use the 8mb cpm I’m working on.
Milli

Wmaalouli

Post by Wmaalouli » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:49 am

Sixthview wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm
I saw the video they did about this on Youtube. Fairly interesting.
I am not savy enough to know if the ADAM could do something other than the BMP... Which, don't get me wrong, I love the BMP but the size starts to significantly limit what can fit on one normal image, especially if you already have the program on that disk to view the images.
There is a very old program to display GIF's on the TI 99/4A computer, and since it shares the same video graphics processor with the Adam, I know for sure the latter can handle at least that. RLE images are fine as well as I've done some of that on the TI (Splash screen of my conversion of the Spectrum game Jet Pac).
While my Slide Show program can display any image, it requires using a modern program for conversion. What I really would like to do some day is have a program capable of taking a raw JPEG image and displaying it without any pre-processing on modern hardware. I kind of played with this a bit using a raw RGB image from a raspeberry Pi camera and displaying it on the TI as shown here https://youtu.be/-ZkSfssnfv8. While there is some interfacing hardware involved, all the image processing is actually done on the TI itself.