Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:32 pm
TDOS uses the VRAM to save a copy of the CCP so that may be the problem
Ahh! That’s probably it.

Wmaalouli

Re: Turbo Pascal 3 bitmap graphics extensions

Post by Wmaalouli » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:07 pm

joltguy wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:43 am
Is it odd that these extensions don't work under T-DOS? The demo programs compile fine but when you run the resulting .com file the system just freezes up. I thought T-DOS it was 99% CP/M compatible but maybe this falls into that 1%? If these could work in T-DOS it'd be awesome mainly because its support for more drives and disks larger than 160K sure gives a lot more breathing room. And... the TP editor actually seems to work halfway decent in T-DOS.

Also, I can't seem to find the Joyst() and Pad() procedures that are called in the SndTest demo program. I looked in control.pas but there is only a Controller() procedure defined there.
As Milli stated, TDOS messes up the VRAM, which is why the extensions will not work as they rely on the bitmap mode which consumes large swaths of the VRAM. As for the TP3 editor, I never had any luck getting it to work properly with the Adam, which was partly one of the reasons I wrote ADAMED, a 40 column text editor (you can find it under this section). https://youtu.be/oPghkOnewaE

As for the joystick extensions, it seems I gave you an older listing for the sound and controller demo. Attached is the updated listing where the Joyst and Pad functions were consolidated into a single function called CONTROLLER. Sorry about that.
Attachments
Sound and controller demo program.zip
(881 Bytes) Downloaded 206 times

joltguy

Post by joltguy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Wmaalouli wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:07 pm
As for the joystick extensions, it seems I gave you an older listing for the sound and controller demo. Attached is the updated listing where the Joyst and Pad functions were consolidated into a single function called CONTROLLER. Sorry about that.
Awesome, thanks! Too bad about TDOS but at least now I understand why it won’t work.

Wmaalouli

Post by Wmaalouli » Mon May 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Here's a brief demo of using the bitmap mode. It's a program that procedurally generates a "fedora" via a mathematical function.
Hat.jpg
Hat.jpg (131.44 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
Attachments
Hat.zip
(655 Bytes) Downloaded 159 times

wanghanche

Post by wanghanche » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi Sir, May I have plain source code from TP3BITMAP.ZIP? which I could download and explore to AdamTP3.DSK and BMPDEMO.DSK, but after that, I have no way to open them by any tools that I can find, I saw demo on the youtube and like to study it for learning to write console game for fun, thank you very much.
I am 60 years old retired engineer from Taiwan, I still like and enjoy use Turbo Pascal to write code, :D

Wmaalouli

Post by Wmaalouli » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:24 am

Sure. Here you go. The source code is formatted for 40 columns because I used my own Adamed editor on the Adam computer directly to program the extensions. Also there is a lot of inline 8080 assembly in the code to access the various functions of the Adam.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Attachments
TP3 extensions source with demo.zip
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

wanghanche

Post by wanghanche » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:21 am

Hi Wmaalouli, 3Q so much, :D (3=Than=Taiwanese Sound, Q=You)