AdamNet question

Repairing, upgrading and maintaining the Miscellaneous Adam Hardware
Cartermw

AdamNet question

Post by Cartermw » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:08 pm

I am starting to the research/design on the GamePort adapter for the NeoColeco adapter, and would like to implement force feedback. The issue is I need to have a way to control it from the Adam. I was hoping to use AdamNet and thanx to the ADE project, I can figure out how to access it, but was wondering how difficult is it to add devices to AdamNet on the Adam. Thanx in advance for you assistance.

Milli
Site Admin

Re: AdamNet question

Post by Milli » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:22 pm

What would you consider force feedback? Is it just a program sending a signal to he controller run a rumble pack? How are you connecting to the Adam? Remember if you can “dumb it down” and use the controller port it can be used in the ColecoVision.
Milli

Cartermw

Post by Cartermw » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:58 am

The main adapter will be for the NeoColeco adapter so available for all Colecovision users. The force feedback is something I wanted to play with as a bonus for Adam users. The code I am basing my adapter off of includes this ability, but I need to figure out a way to access it. TBH this is an excuse for me to play with the AdamNet and figure out what it is capable of. On a side note, I designed a breakout board for the AdamNet last night, my original design for this project, but I thought it might be nice for users who need 5v for units like the NeoColeco or ADE, assuming the current requirements are not too high. It includes a switch to control to the power. It is a simple little board and once tested I am hoping to share the gerber with the community.
Attachments
AdamNet Breackout.PNG
AdamNet Breackout.PNG (22.56 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:01 pm

That’s cool :)
Milli