Ace of Aces

Post your CP/M & TDOS questions here
Wmaalouli

Ace of Aces

Post by Wmaalouli » Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 pm

This is a new game for the Adam computer written in Turbo Pascal 3 with the graphic and sound extensions under CP/M 2.2 .
It's a tactical airwar game during the WWI era. I strongly recommend reading the manual before playing in order to maximize your enjoyment (or disappointment!) :lol:
Please let me know of any issues or bugs.
Attachments
Aces.zip
(354.47 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

Milli
Site Admin

Re: Ace of Aces

Post by Milli » Wed May 12, 2021 7:48 pm

Wmaalouli wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 pm
This is a new game for the Adam computer written in Turbo Pascal 3 with the graphic and sound extensions under CP/M 2.2 .
It's a tactical airwar game during the WWI era. I strongly recommend reading the manual before playing in order to maximize your enjoyment (or disappointment!) :lol:
Please let me know of any issues or bugs.
This is an awesome game!
Milli

Wmaalouli

Post by Wmaalouli » Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 pm

Thanks Milli. I wanted something other than an arcade or puzzle game 🙂

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:16 pm

I’d like to see about porting this to the ColecoVision- think it’s possible?
Milli

Wmaalouli

Post by Wmaalouli » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:02 pm

Since the game makes heavy use of disk overlays, I don't see how this would be possible unfortunately...

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:46 am

Technically everything can be put on the cartridge I have 128K cartridges for the ColecoVision so the next step is is it possible to rework it so it doesn’t require a CPM everything would have to be in memory and it had to be relocatable to a different location in memory does turbo Pascal give you the option of compiling to a specific location? Or just recode it in Z80
Milli

Wmaalouli

Post by Wmaalouli » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:15 pm

I don't believe TP allows for relocatable code, but I'll need to double check.
The overlays can be incorporated into the main program, but the program will simply not run because of memory constraints in the CP/M environment. I have no clue how I would get everything to run from cartridge space and I think the compiler assumes a CP/M environment for execution of the compiled code so it wouldn't be as simple as compiling to a different RAM location (assuming that's even feasible)...

Milli
Site Admin

Post by Milli » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:01 pm

Wmaalouli wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:15 pm
I don't believe TP allows for relocatable code, but I'll need to double check.
The overlays can be incorporated into the main program, but the program will simply not run because of memory constraints in the CP/M environment. I have no clue how I would get everything to run from cartridge space and I think the compiler assumes a CP/M environment for execution of the compiled code so it wouldn't be as simple as compiling to a different RAM location (assuming that's even feasible)...
If you aren't using any CPM I/O then it would sem it wouldnt require CPM - Im sure someone in the past had to have tried something like this
Milli